Walla Walla County is named for the Walla Walla Native American Tribe who resided in the area.
Created: April 25, 1854
Walla Walla 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Walla Walla
Location: 315 West Main Street / South 5th Avenue
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Henry Osterman & Subert
Contractor: J B Sweatt
Description: The building faces northwest and is a two story gray Indiana limestone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The northwest front has a large portico with two columns rising to the top of the second story and with a large header above which rises above the roof line. A balustrade runs along the roof line. On the south side is the red colored brick County Jail built in 1906. In 1982, a new jail was constructed behind the courthouse. On the north side is the Hall of Records built in 1891.
Note: The previous courthouse was built in 1881 and was demolished when the present courthouse was constructed.
County Building – Walla Walla
Location: 314 West Main Street / North 5th Avenue
Built: 2007 – 2008
Architect: Buffalo Design
Contractor: Opp & Seiboldt General Construction, Inc.
Description: The building faces northeast and is a two story stone, glass and concrete structure.
County District Courthouse – Walla Walla
Location: 317 West Rose Street / North 5th Avenue
Style: Modern Commercial
Description: The building faces
N – Franklin County
E – Columbia County
S – Umatilla County, Oregon
W – Benton County
Photos taken 2009 and 2016