Stevens County is named for Isaac Stevens, who was the first governor of the Washington Territory.
Created: January 20, 1863
Colville 1863 – present
County Courthouse – Colville
Location: 215 South Oak Street / Astor Avenue
Built: 1938 – 1939
Architect: G A Pehrson
Contractor: Tri-State Construction Company of Portland, Oregon
Description: The building faces west and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building has the main entrance at the north end of the west side. Vertical brick protrusions divide the windows which have white stone headers. A horizontal white stone band follows the flat roof line. An addition was added in 1973 and the architect was Barnard and Holloway of Spokane.
N – British Columbia, Canada
W – Ferry County
Photos taken 2006 and 2009