Skamania Countyis named for a Chinookan Native American word meaning “swift water”.
Created: March 9, 1854
Stevenson 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Stevenson
Location: 340 Vancouver Avenue / Russell Avenue
Built: 1948 – 1949
Architect: Donald J Stewart
Contractor: C L Beedle Construction, Company
Description: The building faces southeast and is a three story concrete and glass structure. The southeast front has an entrance on the west. There are columns along the central and east part of the first story with recessed wall. The second and third stories has horizontal windows. The westerly section projects from the main building and has projecting windows on the second and third stories. The roof line is flat.
N – Lewis County
Photos taken 2012