Pacific County is named for the Pacific Ocean which borders the county.
Created: February 4, 1851
South Bend 1851 – present
County Courthouse – South Bend
Location: 300 Memorial Avenue / Cowlitz Street
Built: 1910 – 1911
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: C Lewis Willson & Company of Seattle
Contractor: Northwest Bridge Works
Description: The building faces north and is a two story cream colored brick structure. The north front has a high portico with four white columns rising to a rounded pediment at the roof line with peaked section behind. Along the roof line is a balustrade. The second story windows are arched. On the center of the roof is a large black colored dome.
E – Lewis County
W – Pacific Ocean
Photos taken 2012