Lincoln County is named for Abraham Lincoln, who was a member of Congress from Illinois ( 1847-1849 and President of the United States ( 1861-1865 ).
Created: November 24, 1883
Davenport 1883 – 1884
Sprague 1884 – 1896
Davenport 1896 – present
County Courthouse – Davenport
Location: 450 Logan Street / East 4th Street
Built: 1897 – 1898
Style: Renaissance Revival
Architect: Dow & Hubell
Contractor: Fred Baske
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick structure. The building has a portico supported by two large white colored columns with a balcony above at the second story. The east and west wings extend from the main building. On the roof center is a square platform with a small white cupola with green colored roof. In 1906, the building was remodeled and enlarged. The architect was Dow and Mussell and the contractor was Hastie and Dougan. In 1938, the building was modernized. After a fire in 1995, the building was rebuilt in 1996. The architect was 3E Design Group and the contractor was McBride Construction Resources Incorporated.
Note: In 1886, the first courthouse was built by Chris Nygard in Sprague at cost of $10,000. The building was razed in 1966. The cost of construction of the 1897 courthouse in Davenport was $12,000.
County District Courthouse – Davenport
Location: 406 Sinclair Street / East 4th Street
Built: 1983 – 1984
Architect: Adison-Leigh-Sims-Cuppage Architects
Contractor: Atkinson Construction Company, Inc.
Description: The building faces south.and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building has a west wing and an east wing joined by a center section. The west wing has a recessed entrance with concrete facing and houses the District Court. The roof line is flat. The building was constructed as the Public Safety Building. The building was remodeled in 1996. The architect was 3 E Design Group and the contractor was McBride ConstructionResources Incorporated. The project manager was CMA Project Management.
E – Spokane County
W – Grant County
Photos taken 2006 and 2016