Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was a general during the American Revolutionary War.
Created: March 9, 1836
Front Royal 1836 – present
County Courthouse – Front Royal
Location: 1 East Main Street / Royal Avenue
Built: 1935 – 1936
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Alan J Saville
Contractor: Peters Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story field stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of the city. The north front has a two story center section with three arches on the first story and gabled roof. On east and west sides are lower two story wings. On the center of the roof is a square white cupola with open top section. The building is a Public Works Administration project.
Note: The original courthouse constructed in 1836, was torn down to make way for the present courthouse.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Warren County Courthouse
S – Page County
Photos taken 2012