Page County is named for John Page, who was a governor of Virginia.
Created: March 30, 1831
Luray 1831 – present
County Courthouse – Luray
Location: 116 South Court Street / West Page Street
Built: 1832 – 1833
Style: Greek Revival
Architect: William B Philips
Contractor: C Malcolm and William B Philips
Description: The building faces east and is a two story white colored brick Greek Revival style structure. The east front has a projecting center section with four arches and an arch on the either end of the arcade. At the roof is a wide pediment with fanlight. Behind the pediment is a high square white colored cupola. The roof is hipped. There are north and south wings. The first addition on the south side was completed in 1974. The architect was Baughan & Baukhages Architects of Luray and the contractor was Baughan Construction Company, Inc. of Luray. The second addition on the north side was completed in 1997, bringing the building back into the symmetry of the original design by two disciples of Thomas Jefferson. The architect was Baughan & Baukhages Architects of Luray and the contractor was JHC Construction Company, Inc. of Culpeper.
Note: The courthouse was built by William B Phillips, who was a master builder of Thomas Jefferson and the plans followed the Jefferson design for courthouses as did the courthouse in Greene County.
County Administration – Luray
Location: 105 South Court Street / West Page Street
Built: 2013 – 2014
Architect: Lowell Baughan of Baughan & Baukhages Architects
Contractor: Lantz Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The center section on the west front projects from the main building and has three arches on the first story. The building is under construction and is to completed in 2014
N – Warren County
Photos taken 2013