Bristol is named for the city of Bristol in the United Kingdom.
Independent City Created: 1920
Courthouse – Bristol
Location: 497 Cumberland Street / Lee Street
Built: 1969 – 1971
Architect: Kearfott & Jones Architects
Contractor: Trammel Construction Company of Bristol
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is raised above the street with steps leading to the first story. The south front has recessed porches with vertical brick pillars rising to a wide white colored concrete belt at the roof line. There is a wide white concrete belt between the first and second stories. The windows on the second story are vertical with red colored brick dividers. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was constructed by J R McCary & Son in 1910. The present courthouse was constructed for use as the City Hall and the cost of construction was $846,800. In April 2003, the building was converted for use as the courthouse and the City Hall was moved a block north.
See: The courthouse in Bristol, Tennessee in Sullivan County
S – Sullivan County, Tennessee
Photos taken 2013 and 2014