Bath County is named for the city of Bath in England.
Created: December 14, 1790
Bath 1791 – 1908
Warm Springs 1908 – present
County Courthouse – Warm Springs
Location: Courthouse Hill Road / Old Mill Road
Built: 1913 – 1914
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: T J Collins & Son
Contractor: Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building sits on Courthouse Hill. The south front has a large porch with six large white columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. The central entrance is framed. On the center of the roof is a high square white cupola with green dome. The main section of the building has a central arched window on the second story and gabled roof. An addition was added on the north side in 1980.
Note: The third courthouse constructed in 1908 was destroyed by fire on November 22, 1912. The architect was Frank P Milburn and the contractor was Phipps & Cooper.
See: The contractor Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky.
N – Highland County
S – Alleghany County
Photos taken 2012