Wilcox County is named for Mark Wilcox, who was a member of the Georgia House of Representative who worked to create the Georgia Supreme Court.
Created: December 22, 1857
Abbeville 1857 – present
County Courthouse – Abbeville
Location: 103 Broad Street North / East Main Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC
Contractor: J H McKenzie & Sons
Description: The building faces west and is a three story buff colored brick, concrete and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The south and west sides have large porticoes with four columns rising to pediments at the roof line. On the center of the roof is a high dome with clock and lantern at the top. A wide cornice runs along the roof line. The courtroom is located on the second story. The building was renovated in 1981. The architect ws Cunningham Bailey & Foreman Architects Inc. and the contractor was Massee Builders, Inc. The building was renovated in 2012 to 2014. The architect was J Glenn Gregory Architects of Valdosta and the contractor was Burles A Johnson Construction of Martinez.
See: The architect Frank Pierce Milburn of Washington, DC.
N – Pulaski County
Photos taken 2013 and 2018