Wheeler County is named for Joseph E Wheeler, who was a Confederate general.
Created: November 5, 1912
Alamo 1912 – present
County Courthouse – Alamo
Location: 119 Pearl Street / Kent Street
Built: 1917 – 1918
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Edward Columbus Hosford & Company of Atlanta
Contractor: F P Heifner
Description: The building faces southeast and is a two story red colored brick, stone and concrete structure. The southeast front has a portico with four columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. There are similar porticos on each side of the building. A wide horizontal band runs along the flat roof line. On the center of the roof is a large platform, The building was renovated in 1961.
See: The architect, Edward Columbus Hosford of Atlanta, Georgia..
Photos taken 2013