Warren County

US States / A-G / Georgia / Warren County
Warren

Warren County is named for Joseph Warren, who was a general in the American revolutionary War and who was killed at the Battle of Bunker Hill.

 

Created:  December 19, 1793

County Seat: 

John McCormick Home    1793 – 1796

Sterling Gardner Home     1796 – 1797

Warrenton                         1797 – present

 

County Courthouse – Warrenton

 

Location:  100 Main Street / West Gibson Street

Built:  1910 – 1911

Style:  Neo-Classical Revival

Architect:  Walter Chamberlin of Knoxville, Tennessee

Contractor:  Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building has a large portico in the center with four large white columns rising to a header at the roof line. Vertical concrete bands are spaced along the north front. A wide white horizontal band runs below the eaves. On the center of the roof is a short octagonal dome with windows. The building was renovated in 1999 to 2000 with architects Britain, Thompson, Bray & Brown and the contractor was Two State Construction Company.

 

See:  The contractor Falls City Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky

 

See:  National Register of Historic Places – Warren County Courthouse

 

Courthouses: 

N – Taliaferro Couny and Wilkes County

E – McDuffie County

S – Jefferson County and Glascock County

W – Hancock County

 

 

 

0463sc08

 

 

0464sc08

 

 

0465sc08

 

 

0466sc08

 

 

0468sc08

Photos taken 2008