Talbot County is named for Matthew Talbot, who was a Governor of Georgia.
Created: December 14, 1827
Talbotton 1827 – present
County Courthouse – Talbotton
Location: 26 South Washington Avenue / Monroe Street
Built: 1892 – 1893
Style: Queen Anne
Architect: Alexander C Bruce & Thomas H Morgan
Contractor: Westbrook & Bennett ( W B Bennett ) of Barnesville
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The northeast corner has a high square red colored brick clock tower with steep roof. The southeast corner has a lower and wider tower. The windows are arched on the building and the roof is hipped.
Photos taken 2010