Schley County

US States / A-G / Georgia / Schley County
0316A10

Schley County is named for William Schley, who was a Governor of Georgia and a congressman.

 

Created:  December 22, 1857

County Seat: 

Ellaville  1857 – present

 

County Courthouse – Ellaville 

 

Location:  14 South Broad Street / Oglethorpe Street

Built:  1899 – 1900

Style:  Romanesque Revival

Architect:  Golucke & Stewart

Contractor:  Algernon Blair

 

Description:  The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The east front has a small enclosed brick porch with arched entrance. On either side are large arched windows. The center section of the second story is recessed with projecting sections on either side rising to pointed roof lines. On the center of the roof is a large white colored brick clock tower with clock and steep roof at the top.

 

Courthouses: 

Taylor County

E – Macon County and Sumter County

S – Sumter County

W – Marion County

 

 

 

0317a10

 

 

0314a10

 

 

0315a10

 

 

0318a10

 

 

0320a10

 

 

0323a10

 

 

0324a10

 

 

0325a10

 

 

0326a10

 

 

0321a10

 

 

0312a10

Photos taken 2013