Quitman County is named for John A Quitman, who was a Governor of Mississippi and who served in the Mexican War.
Created: December 10, 1858
Georgetown 1858 – present
County Courthouse – Georgetown
Location: 1110 Main Street / Middle Street
Built: 1938 – 1939
Style: Stripped Classical with Colonial Revival
Architect: T Firth Lockwood, Jr.
Contractor: D M Still
Description: The building faces east and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The east front has a recessed centre section with for vertical concrete dividers. The roof is pitched. There are lower north and south one story wings.
N – Stewart County
E – Randolph County
S – Clay County
Photos taken 2010