Miller County is named for Andrew Miller, who was a lawyer, politician and president of the Medical College of Georgia and who lived from 1806 to 1856.
Created: February 26, 1856
Colquitt 1860 – present
County Courthouse – Colquitt
Location: 155 South 1st Street / Main Street
Built: 1975 – 1977
Architect: Tomberlin Associates Architects Inc. of Atlanta
Contractor: S J Curry & Company of Albany
Description: The building faces east and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The east front has a recessed entrance in the center with two large arched windows on each side. There are arches on the north, south and west sides of the building. The roof line is flat. The building was renovated in 2012 ans a white colored portico was constructed at the east entrance. The architect was Jerry R McNease of Colquitt and the contractor was CGM Construction Group LLC of Colquitt.
E – Baker County
W – Early County
Photos taken 2009 and 2018