Madison County is named for James Madison, who was the fourth President of the United States of America.
Created: December 5, 1811
Danielsville 1811 – present
Old County Courthouse – Danielsville
Location: General Daniels Avenue / Madison Street
Built: 1900 – 1901
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: James Wingfield Golucke & Company of Atlanta
Contractor: Fred Wagner
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The east front has a high central tower with arched entrance on the first story and open belfry and steep roof at the top. On the southeast and northeast corners are square brick towers with steep roofs. The building is located in the center of the courthouse circle.
County Courthouse – Danielsville
Location: Johnson Drive / Moseley Drive
Built: 1996 – 1997
Architect: G Hubert Jones & Associates
Description: The building faces southwest and is a one story light yellow colored stucco and concrete structure. The southwest front has a wide porch with recessed entrance. Above the porch is a square tower with sloped green colored roof. The roof of the main building is sloped. The building is the former Danielsville Elementary School and is now the Madison County Government Complex.
W – Jackson County
Photos taken 2013