Lincoln County is named for Benjamin Lincoln, who was a general in the American Revolutionary War and lived from 1733 to 1810.
Created: February 20, 1796
Lincolnton 1800 – present
County Courthouse – Lincolnton
Location: 210 Humphries Street / Perry Man Street
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: G Lloyd Preacher
Contractor: Little-Cleckler Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick structure. The building has a large portico supported by four large white columns rising to a wide white header atop of which is a white square cupola with clock and green colored dome. A wide white horizontal band runs below the protruding white cornice. The building has a green colored roof. The building was renovated in 1995. The architect was Precision Planning Inc. of Lawrenceville and the contractor was Kirby Fahrion & Associates of Augusta.
See: Little-Cleckler Construction Company of Anniston, Alabama also constructed courthouses in Alabama in Fayette County, Jackson County and Limestone County; in Georgia in Bleckley County, Clarke County and Walker County; and in Mississippi in Franklin County, Lawrence County, Walthall County and Webster County.
N – Elbert County
E – McCormick County, South Carolina
S – Columbia County
W – Wilkes County
Photos taken 2008