Laurens County is named for John Laurens, who was aide-de-camp to George Washington and was from South Carolina.
Created: December 10, 1807
Sumterville 1807 – 1811
Dublin 1811 – present
County Courthouse – Dublin
Location: 101 North Jefferson Street / Jackson Street
Built: 1962 – 1963
Architect: Cunningham and Forehand
Contractor: Aaron Torch & Sons Inc.
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The southwest front has a one story section having a portico with four columns rising to a pediment below the roof line. There is a recessed entrance with glass panels. The main entrance is along the north side with a one story glass paneled section. The east section of the building is two stories. The roof line is flat.
Note: The old courthouse constructed in 1895 and designed by Bruce & Morgan was torn down when the present courthouse was constructed.
Photos taken 2013 and 2018