Lanier County is named for Sidney Lanier, who was a Georgian poet.
Created: August 11, 1919
Lakeland 1919 – present
County Courthouse – Lakeland
Location: 100 West Main Street / Valdosta Road
Built: 1972 – 1973
Architect: Thomson, Sanders & Dupree
Contractor: Lewis Brothers of Douglas.
Description: The building faces south and is a one story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The building ios located on landscaped grounds. The west section has three arches with a courtyard behind with an entrance on the east and west off the courtyard. The east section is lower in height and has long vertical windows. A wide white band runs below the flat roof line. The courtroom is located in the west section.
E – Clinch County
Photos taken 2009 and 2018