Jones County is named for James Jones, who was a United States Representative.
Created: December 10, 1807
Albany ( Clinton ) 1807 – 1905
Gray 1905 – present
County Courthouse – Gray
Location: 110 South Jefferson Street / West Clinton Street
Built: 1906 – 1907
Style: Romanesque Revival
Architect: James Wingfield Golucke & Company
Contractor: Atlantic Fireproofing Company
Description: The building faces east and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds and the east front has a projecting one story central section with large arch and recessed entrance. On either side are projecting sections which rise to peaks at the roof line. Between these sections is a large high square clock tower with open belfry, clock and dome at the top. There is a one story section on the northeast corner which extends from the main building. On the south side is a three story buff colored brick addition which houses the County Law Enforcement Center. The architect was Dunwoody and Company and the contractor was Warren and Associates.
E – Baldwin County
Photos taken 2013 and 2018