Harris County is named for Charles Harris, who was a noted lawyer and mayor of Savannah.
Created: December 14, 1827
Hamilton 1827 – present
County Courthouse – Hamilton
Location: 102 North College Street / Barnes Mill Road
Built: 1908 – 1909
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Edward Columbus Hosford of Atlanta
Contractor: Mutual Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick structure. The west front has a large portico supported by six large white columns rising to a wide pediment at the roof line. There is a balcony on the second story. A wide eave runs below the roof line. An addition was constructed on the east side in 1998. The architect was JRA Architects Inc. and the contractor was DE/TE Builders, Inc.
See: The architect, Edward Columbus Hosford of Atlanta, Georgia..
N – Troup County
E – Talbot County
S – Muscogee County
Photos taken 2010