Glynn County is named for John Glynn, who was a member of the British House of Commons who supported the American colonies.
Created: February 5, 1777
Frederica 1777 – 1787
Brunswick 1787 – present
County Courthouse – Brunswick
Location: 701 H Street / Reynolds Street
Built: 1990 – 1991
Style: Modern Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Hansen Lind Meyer of Orlando, Florida
Contractor: GMK Associates of Savannah.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a large portico supported by four large white columns. Above the portico is a balcony. The entrance is arched with white colored trim. A balustrade runs along the roof lines. A horizontal narrow stone band runs below the second story windows. The old courthouse is located to the south.
Old County Courthouse – Brunswick
Location: 701 G Street / Reynolds Street
Built: 1906 – 1907
Architect: A Gifford & E S Betts
Contractor: Miles & Bradt Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick and stone structure. The south front has a large portico supported by four large columns rising to a wide header. Above the header is a balustrade. There are east and west wings which extend slightly from the main building. On the center of the roof is a octagonal open sided white dome with clock at the top and green colored roof. The building houses county offices. The new courthouse is located to the north.
N – McIntosh County
E – Atlantic Ocean
S – Camden County
Photos taken 2009