Glascock County is named for Thomas Glascock, who was a general in the War of 1812 and the Seminole War and later served in the Georgia General Assembly and Congress.
Created: December 19, 1857
Gibson 1857 – present
County Courthouse – Gibson
Location: 62 East Main Street / Palmer Street
Built: 1919 – 1920
Architect: J W McMillian & Son of Milledgeville
Contractor: J W McMillian & Son of Milledgeville
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has a projecting center section with framed entrance on the first story and large arched window on the second story and rising to a peak at the roof line. On the east and west sides are projecting center sections and south section rising to peaks at the roof line. The roof is hipped. The building was remodeled and expanded in 1942 and renovated in 1973.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1858. The building was removed when the present courthouse was constructed.
N – Warren County
E – Warren County
S – Johnson County
Photos taken 2013