Cobb County is named for Thomas W Cobb, who was a United States Representative and Senator and a Georgia superior court judge.
Created: December 3, 1832
Marietta 1832 – present
County Courthouse – Marietta
Location: 70 Haynes Street / Lawrence Street NE
Built: 2009 – 2011
Architect: Piper O’Brien Herr Architects
Contractor: Turner Construction of New York, New York
Description: The building faces west and is a seven story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The west front has a large square tower rising eight stories with clock and steep roof at the top. The first two stories have buff colored concrete facing. The roof line is flat and the building is connected to the Judicial Complex on the west by a covered walkway.
State Court Judicial Building – Marietta
Location: 12 East Park Square / Lawrence Street NE
Built: 1994 – 1995
Architect: Heery International Inc.
Contractor: The Winter Construction Company
Description: The building faces west and is a three story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The west front has vertical concrete pillars at the southwest corner rising to a clock with glass panels below. The roof line is flat.
Old County Court Buildings – Marietta
Location: 30 – 32 Waddell Street / Roswell Street
Built: 1966 – 1968
Architect: Cleveland M Cail Jr. and William R Tapp, Jr.
Contractor: Marietta Construction Company Inc.
Description: The buildings face west and are four story buff colored brick, concrete and glass structures. The windows are horizontal and the roof line is flat. The North Superior Court, South Superior Court and Public Safety Building have a west atrium entrance connecting the north building and the two south buildings. The buildings are connected by an enclosed walkway to the new courthouse on the east side.
E – Fulton County
W – Paulding County
Photos taken 2010 and 2013