Chattahoochee County is named for the Chattahoochee River which name is derived from the Muskogean word meaning “rocks-marked” from “chat” meaning “rock” and “huchi” meaning “marked” and refers to the many colored granite outcroppings along the river.
Created: February 13, 1854
Cusseta 1854 – present
County Courthouse – Cusseta
Location: 329 Broad Street / Wells Street
Built: 1975 – 1976
Architect: Biggers, Scarbrough, Neal, Crisp & Clark
Contractor: J F King, Inc
Description: The building faces south and is a one story light red colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a porch on the west side supported by four square brick pillars. The roof is pitched. The first structure built in 1975 was along the west side.
E – Marion County
S – Stewart County
Photos taken 2010