Candler County

US States / A-G / Georgia / Candler County
Candler

Candler County is named for Allen Daniel Candler, who was the fifty-ninth governor of Georgia.

 

Created:  July 14, 1914

County Seat: 

Metter  1914 – present

 

County Courthouse – Metter 

 

Location:  705   North Lewis Street / South Roundtree Street

Built:  1921 – 1922

Style:  Neo-Classical Revival

Architect:  J J Baldwin

Contractor:  King Lumber Company

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete style structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds and has a large portico supported by four large white colored columns rising to the pediment at the roof line. There is projecting section above the entrance. A horizontal white colored band runs above the second story windows. On the center of the roof is a high square cupola with clock.

 

Courthouses: 

Emanuel County and Bulloch County

E – Bulloch County

S – Evan County and Tattnall County

W – Emanuel County

 

 

 

816f18

County Courthouse

 

 

0365sc08

 

 

815f18

 

 

 

0362sc08

 

 

0364sc08

 

 

0366sc08

 

 

0363sc08

 

 

0367sc08

 

 

0368sc08

Photos taken 2008 and 2018