Bulloch County is named for Archibald Bulloch, who was the second governor of Georgia.
Created: February 8, 1796
Stephen Mills Home 1796 – 1803
Statesboro 1803 – present
County Courthouse – Statesboro
Location: Courthouse Square / East Main Street
Built: 1894 – 1895
Style: Queen Ann with Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Alexander C Bruce & Thomas H Morgan
Contractor: J H McKenzie
Description: The building faces south and is a three story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on the Courthouse Square and has on the south side, a large portico supported by four large white colored columns rising to the pediment at the roof line. The west side has a high square brick tower with clock. The building was enlarged and remodeled in 1914. The architect was Hosford & Company of Eastman and the contractor was Rogers & Simmons of McRae. The building was renovated in 1970. The architect was Edwin C Eckles and the contractor was Ernest C Cannon. The building was remodeled again in 1998 to 2000. The architect was Martin, Rule & Associates.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Bulloch County Courthouse
Note: The first courthouse was a wood structure built in 1803, A larger wooden building was built in 1807 but was destroyed during the Civil War in 1864. The previous court was another wooden building built in 1866 which was replaced by the present courthouse.
County Judicial Annex – Statesboro
Location: 20 Siebald Street / Courtland Street
Built: 1996 – 1998
Architect: Eckles Martin Rule Architects, PC
Contractor: Pope Construction Company, Inc.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story glass and concrete structure. The building is located to the northeast of the courthouse and the south front has a projecting section on the west side with curved front and two story porch supported by columns and with the main entrance. The building has vertical windows. On the northeast side is a red colored brick section. The roof line is flat.
N – Jenkins County
S – Bryan County
County Judicial Annex
Photos taken 2008 and 2018