Brantley County

US States / A-G / Georgia / Brantley County
2126F09

Brantley County is named for William Gordon Brantley, who was a Georgia State representative, a Georgia State Senator and a United States congressman.

 

Created:  August 14, 1920

County Seat: 

Hoboken  1920 – 1921

Nahunta   1921 - present

 

County Courthouse – Nahunta

 

Location:  117 Brantley Street / Cannon Street

Built:  1930 – 1931

Style:  Colonial Revival

Architect:  T J Darling

Contractor:  Ledsinger & Turner

 

Description:  The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick structure. The north has a central section which projects slightly with an arched entrance on the first story and an arched window with balcony on the second story. Above is a peak with clock and a small square cupola on the peak. The east and west wings are one story. The building was renovated in 1978 and an addition was added. The architect was O’Steen-Suttles of Douglas and the contractor was Watson-Yeargan, Inc. of Jesup.

 

Courthouses: 

Pierce County and Wayne County

E – Glynn County and Camden County 

S – Charlton County

W – Ware County

 

 

 

2125f09

 

 

2127f09

 

 

2128f09

 

 

2129f09

 

 

2130f09

 

 

2131f09

Photos taken 2009