Bleckley County is named for Logan Bleckley, who was a Georgia Supreme Court chief justice.
Created: October 2, 1912
Cochran 1912 – present
County Courthouse – Cochran
Location: 112 North 2nd Street / Cherry Street
Built: 1914 – 1915
Style: Neo-Classical Revival
Architect: Sayre & Baldwin of Anderson, South Carolina
Contractor: Little-Cleckler Construction Company of Anniston, Alabama
Description: The building faces southwest and is a two story brown colored brick, concrete and stone structure. The southwest front has a central portico with four columns rising to a pediment at the roof line. There is trim around the entrance dorrs and on the building corners. On the center of the roof is a square cupola with black colored dome. The roof line is flat.
See: Little-Cleckler Construction Company of Anniston, Alabama also constructed courthouses in Alabama in Fayette County, Jackson County and Limestone County; in Georgia in Clarke County, Lincoln County and Walker County; and in Mississippi in Franklin County, Lawrence County, Walthall County and Webster County.
N – Twiggs County
E – Laurens County
S – Dodge County
Photos taken 2013