Santa Rosa County is named for Santa Rosa Island in the Gulf of Mexico.
Created: February 18, 1842
Milton 1842 – present
County Courthouse – Milton
Location: 6865 Carolina Street / Elmira Street
Built: 1926 – 1927
Architect: Chandler Yonge
Contractor: Hugger Brothers Construction Company of Montgomery, Alabama
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The north front has a projecting canopy over the first story entrance. The east and west wings extend north from the main building. A projecting eave runs along the roof line. The roof line is flat. The architect was and the contractor was . The building was remodeled in 1960 to 1961. The architect was Frank J Sindelar and the contractor was Blanton Construction Company Inc. and F E Booker Company.
Note: When constructed in 1926, the courthouse was a Classic Monumental style with high Art Deco tower. The cost of construction was $137,000. The tower was removed during the 1960 to 1961 remodel of the building and the east and west wings were added
N – Escambia County, Alabama
E – Okaloosa County
S – Gulf of Mexico
W – Escambia County
Photos taken 2009