Putnam County

US States / A-G / Florida / Putnam County
Putnam

Putnam County is named for Benjamin A Putnam, who was a St. Augustine lawyer and who served in the Second Seminole War.

 

Created:  January 13, 1849

County Seat:

Palatka  1849 – present

 

County Courthouse – Palatka 

 

Location:  410 St. Johns Avenue / South 4th Street

Built:  1909 – 1910

Style:  Classical Revival

Architect:  Robinson and Reidy

Contractor:  C D Smith

 

Description: The building faces south and is a two story concrete and white colored brick structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds. The south portico is supported by four columns rising to a pediment. The windows are vertical and have blue colored panels between the floors. The roof line is hipped with a flat roof on the addition. An addition was added on the west and north sides of the building 1n 1964. The architect was James Gamble Rogers, Lovelock & Fritz and the contractor was Jack Jennings, Inc.

 

Courthouses: 

Clay County

E – Saint Johns County and Flagler County

S – Volusia County, Lake County and Marion County

W – Alachua County

 

 

 

0250f09

County Courthouse

 

 

100f18

 

 

0251f09

 

 

0254f09

 

 

0253f09

 

 

107f18

 

 

0256f09

 

 

109f18

Photos taken 2009 and 2018