Pasco County is named for Samuel Pasco, who was a state legislator and a United States Senator.
Created: June 2, 1887
Dade City 1887 – present
County Courthouse – Dade City
Location: SE – Meridian Avenue / 7th Street
Built: 1909 – 1910
Style: Beaux Arts
Architect: Edward Columbus Hosford of Atlanta, Georgia
Contractor: Mutual Construction Company of Louisville, Kentucky
Description: The building faces north and is a two story red colored brick and stone structure. The portico at the north side has four large white colored columns rising to a pediment. The porticos on the east and west sides have two large white colored columns rising to pediments. On the center of the roof is an octagonal dome with clock and white roof. The building was renovated in 1998. The architect was Rink Reynolds Diamond Fisher Architects and the contractor was Prelude Construction Company Inc. and Costal Construction Services, Inc.
See: The architect, Edward Columbus Hosford of Atlanta, Georgia..
County Government Center – Dade City
Location: 38053 Live Oak Avenue / 6th Street
Built: 1998 – 2000
Architect: Heery International, Inc.
Contractor: Batson-Cook Company
Description: The building faces west and is a two story red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The center section has an octagonal clock tower with green colored roof. On the north side of the tower, the main entrance has a recessed porch with four high columns. Further north, the building has a buff colored brick façade. The main façade is red colored brick. The building is named as the East Pasco Government Center.
N – Hernando County
W – Gulf of Mexico
Photos taken 2009