Palm Beach County is named for the many palm trees along the ocean beaches.
Created: August 30, 1909
West Palm Beach 1909 – present
County Courthouse – West Palm Beach
Location: 205 North Dixie Highway / 3rd Street
Built: 1994 – 1955
Architect: Michael A Shiff and Associates Inc and Hansen and Meyers Inc
Contractor: The George Hyman Construction Group
Description: The building faces east and is a multi story concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds across from the old courthouse. In the center of the first story is a large arch with entrances on the north and south.
Old County Courthouse – West Palm Beach
Location: 300 North Dixie Highway / 3rd Street
Built: 1915 – 1916
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: W B Talley
Contractor: E P Maule
Description: The building faces west and is a three story buff colored brick and stone structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The west front has a central portico with four columns rising to a wide pediment at the third story. A wide cornice runs along the top of the second story. The north and south sections project slightly from the main building. The building was enlarged in 1928 and restored in 2007.
See: Located in the county is the Court of Appeal – Fourth Judicial District.
N – Martin County
S – Broward County
Old County Courthouse
Photos taken 2009 and 2018