Jackson County is named for Andrew Jackson, who was the 7th President of the United States from 1829 to 1837.
Created: August 12, 1822
Marianna 1828 – present
County Courthouse – Marianna
Location: 4445 Lafayette Street / Madison Street
Built: 1961 – 1962
Architect: Barrett Daffine Bishop of Tallahassee
Contractor: Beers Construction Company of Atlanta, Georgia
Description: The building faces north and is a two story concrete and glass structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds in the center of Marianna. Around the outside of the building are concrete pillars which extend outwards at the top. There is recessed walkway around the first story. The entrances are recessed. In 2012, alterations were completed. The architect was Paul Donofro & Associates of Marianna and the contractor was Ajax Building Corporation of Midway.
History: The first courthouse was built in Marianna in 1829. The second courthouse was designed by Alexander Blair and constructed by MT Lewman & Company in 1906. The third and present courthouse was constructed in 1961 to 1962.
County Administration – Marianna
Location: 2864 Madison Street / Jackson Street
Built: 1987 – 1988
Description: The building faces west and is a two story cream colored stucco and concrete structure. The building is located on the east side of the courthouse in the center of Marianna. The west front has horizontal windows. The upper part has brown colored siding and the roof line is flat.
Photos taken 2009 and 2018