Hardee County is named for Cary Hardee, who was a banker and a Governor of Florida.
Created: April 23, 1921
Wauchula 1921 – present
County Courthouse – Wauchula
Location: 417 West Main Street / South 9th Avenue
Built: 1926 – 1927
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: H G Little and William M Bradford
Contractor: Robertson Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick, concrete and stone structure. The building is located on spacious landscaped grounds and has a large portico on the north front supported by four large white colorerd columns which rise to a pediment at the roof line. The roof line is flat. The base of the building is white colored brick. The Courthouse Annex is located on the south side of the building.
County Courthouse Annex – Wauchula
Location: NE – West Orange Street / 9th Avenue
Built: 1974 – 1975
Architect: Leslie G Pickett
Contractor: S W McAuley.
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has a central entrance with overhanging canopy. The windows are narrow and horizontal, The roof line is flat. The courthouse is located on the north side of the building.
N – Polk County
E – Highlands County
S – De Soto County
W – Manatee County
County Courthouse Annex
Photos taken 2009 and 2018