Gilchrist County is named for Albert W Gilchrist, who was the Governor of Florida from 1909 to 1915.
Created: December 4, 1925
Trenton 1925 – present
County Courthouse – Trenton
Location: 112 South Main Street / SE 1st Avenue
Built: 1928 – 1933
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: Smith, Holburn and Dozier of Jacksonville
Contractor: H McNeil Wade of Trenton
Description: The building faces south and is a two story red colored brick and concrete structure. The south front has three brick arches with white bases and the arches project from the main building. The windows are arched and the east and west wings are one story. The building was a Works Progress Administration project. The building was remodeled and expanded in 1965 with one-story utilitarian additions.
Note: The low bid H McNeil Wade of Trenton for construction was $18,162.
E – Alachua County
S – Levy County
Photos taken 2009