Superior Court House – Waterbury
Location: 400 Grand Avenue / Meadow Street
Built: 1911 – 1913
Architect: Trowbridge & Livingston of New York City
Description: The building faces south and is a four story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is curved with a north red colored brick wing on the west side. The building was the former headquarters of the American Brass Company. In 1998 to 2000, the building was renovated to house the Superior Court – Criminal Division. The south front has a central projecting semi circular entrance section. On the east and west are square sections with a recessed center section with large glass window. On the east and west are vertical. The roof line is flat. The architect was JCJ Architects.
Court House – Waterbury
Location: 300 Grand Avenue / Leavenworth Street
Built: 1972 – 1974
Architect: Joseph Stein of Waterbury
Description: The building faces south and is a three concrete and glass structure. The building is a modular concrete building with recessed glass paneled entrance at the east side of the front. The windows are horizontal. The roof line is flat.
Old Court House – Waterbury
Location: 7 Kendrick Street / Leavenworth Street
Built: 1895 – 1896
Style: Italian Renaissance
Architect: Wilfred Eliza Griggs and William Allen
Description: The building faces north and iis a three story stone and red colored brick structure. The first story is faced with cream colored stone and the upper stories are red colored bricks. On the north front, the center section projects with an arched entrance on the first story and four columns rising from the second to third stories. Above is a wide header with stone crest rising above the roof line. The building was renovated in 1911. The building houses the Juvenile Court.
See: The New Haven County courthouse is located in New Haven.
Photos taken 2014 and 2017