District Courthouse – Manchester
Location: 410 Center Street / West Center Street
Built: 1962 – 1963
Architect: Olson & Miller of Hartford
Contractor: The Second Street Corporation
Description: The building faces east and is a one story red colored brick and concrete structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds. The east front has a central framed entrance. The windows are arched and a horizontal band runs below the flat roof line. Additions have been added on the north and south sides. The building houses the Superior Court.
Note: The building was leased to the First National Stores, Inc. (FINAST) in 1964. In 1975, the building was leased to Marshall’s Department Stores. In 1978, the building was converted for use as a courthouse.
Probate Courthouse – Manchester
Location: 66 Center Street / Main Street
Built: 1895 – 1896
Style: Colonial Revival
Architect: Hapgood & Hapgood
Contractor: Charles R Treat
Description: The building faces north and is a one story buff colored brick and wood structure. The building is located on landscaped grounds across from the Manchester Town Hall. The north front has a central arched white colored trim entrance. Above is a pediment. The windows have brick arch frames, The roof is hipped. The building houses the Probate Court.
Note: The building was originally the Hall of Records, Probate Court and Town Office. In 1926, the Town Hall was built and the Probate Court moved there and the building became the Manchester Police Department until 1954, The probate Court moved back in 1982
See: The Hartford County courthouse is located in Hartford.
Photos taken 2017