Yuma County is named for the Yuma Native American tribe which resided in the region.
Created: March 15, 1889
Wray 1889 – present
County Courthouse – Wray
Location: 310 Ash Street / East 3rd Street
Built: 1903 – 1904
Architect: County Building Committee
Contractor: John M Doling ( excavation ), R J Malkup ( concrete ), D Funk ( stonework ) and
M P Grant ( brickwork ).
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff-red colored brick utilitarian structure. The building has small porches on the west and north sides. The white eave projects along the roofline. The roof is sloped red tiles. An addition had been added to the south side.The supervisor during construction was J P Campbell
Photos taken 2006 and 2011