Pueblo County is named for the historic town of Pueblo and the Spanish word “pueblo” means “village” or “people”.
Created: November 1, 1861
Pueblo 1861 – present
County Courthouse – Pueblo
Location: 215 West 10th Street / North Main Street
Built: 1908 – 1912
Style: Classical Revival style
Architect: Albert R Ross and George W Roe & Associates of New York, New York
Contractor: Frank Taylor
Description: The building faces south and is a two story dark stone structure. The building was renovated in 1976. The architect was R Keith Hook & Associates Inc. and the contractor was H E Whitlock Inc.
County Justice Center – Pueblo
Location: 320 West 10th Street / North Grand Avenue
Built: 1964 – 1965
Architect: Berry and Moore
Contractor: Lembke Construction Company
Description: The building faces north and is a three story concrete structure. The north front has a central entrance on the first story with concrete canopy. The roof over hands with white vertical cement pillars.
N – El Paso County
Photos taken 2011