Morgan County is named for Fort Morgan which was located in the area and after which the city is named.
Created: February 19, 1889
Fort Morgan 1889 – present
County Courthouse – Fort Morgan
Location: 218 West Kiowa Avenue / Ensign Street
Built: 1935 – 1936
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Eugene G Groves of Denver
Contractor: William Redding & Son
Description: The building faces east and is a two story buff colored brick and concrete structure. At the east front there is a large square extension above the roof line. The roof line is flat.
County Judicial Center – Fort Morgan
Location: 400 Warner Street / East Beaver Street
Built: 1986 – 1988
Architect: CRS/Caudill Rowlet Scott of Denver
Contractor: Yost Construction Company of Sterling County
Description: The building faces west and is a one story dark red colored brick, concrete and glass structure. The west front has a projecting central entrance which rises to a peaked roof which is above the roof line. On the center of the roof is an octagonal dome. A horizontal white colored band runs along the flat roof line. During construction, the project manager was Hamlin Building Consultants of Fort Morgan.
Note: The cost of construction was $5,700,000.
W – Weld County
Photos taken 2007 and 2016