Lincoln County is named for President Abraham Lincoln ( 1809 – 1865 ), the 16th President of the United States.
Created: April 11, 1889
Hugo 1889 – present
County Courthouse – Hugo
Location: 103 3rd Avenue / 1st Street
Built: 1991 – 1992
Architect: Daniel W Figert
Contractor: H W Houston Construction Company
Description: The building faces east and is a one story reddish colored brick structure. At the east entrance is the stone portico and two light standards from the old 1923 courthouse. The building has a red coloredsloped tile roof.
Note: The first courthouse was a former school built in 1906. The previous courthouse was designed by John James Huddart and constructed in 1923. The building was demolished when the present courthouse was constructed.
Photos taken 2011