Kiowa County is named for the Kiowa Native American tribe.
Created: April 11, 1889
Eads 1889 – present
County Courthouse – Eads
Location: 130 South Goff Street / East 14th Street
Built: 1955 – 1956
Architect: William E Ross and C Francis Pillsbury
Contractor: Maher Construction Company of Aurora
Description: The building faces west and is a one story buff colored brick structure. Glass windows run horizontally across the west front on the upper and lower levels. The entrance located in the center is recessed with a high rectangular frame and with dark red colored brick facing. The roof line is flat.
Note: The previous courthouse was designed by Roe & Giles and constructed by Lyon and Axtell in 1904. The building was demolished.
E – Greeley County, Kansas
Photos taken 2006