Grand County is named for the Grand River which originates in the county and the river was renamed as the Colorado River in 1921.
Created: February 2 1874
Hot Sulphur Springs 1874 – present
County Courthouse – Hot Sulphur Springs
Location: 307 Moffat Avenue / Maple Street
Built: 2007 – 2008
Architect: Andrews & Anderson / Alan Carter
Contractor: Big Valley Construction
Description: The building faces south and is a two story buff colored brick and glass structure. The entrance is at the southeast corner with canopy. The recessed center section has large glass windows. The roof line is flat.
Note: The first courthouse was built in 1891. The one story log structure is located at the Pioneer Village at Buyers Avenue and 1st Street.
County Administration – Hot Sulphur Springs
Location: 308 Byers Avenue / Maple Street
Built: 1936 – 1937
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Robert K Fuller
Contractor: Amoul A Jones
Description: The building faces north and is a two story buff colored brick structure. The central entrance on the north front has a square brick projection on either side. An addition was built on the west side in 1969 to 1970. The architect was Robert K Fuller and the contractor was Beckel Construction Company. The buildings were remodeled in 2008 to 2009. The architect was Alan Carter and the contractor was Big Valley Construction.
N – Jackson County
W – Routt County
Photos taken 2011