Garfield County is named for James Abram Garfield, who was the twentieth President of the United States of America.
Created: February 10 1883
Glenwood Springs 1883 – present
County Courthouse – Glenwood Springs
Location: 109 8th Street / Colorado Avenue
Built: 1929 – 1930
Style: Art Deco
Architect: Robert K Fuller
Contractor: A E Danielson & Sons of Denver
Description: The building faces south and is a four story buff colored brick structure. The south front has a projecting center section with central entrance which is framed with ornamentation above. There are vertical pilasters between the windows. The first story has a horizontal brick design. Horizontal narrow bands run above the first and fourth stories. The roof line is flat. An addition was constructed on the north side in 1984.
County Administration – Glenwood Springs
Location: 110 8th Street / Colorado Avenue
Built: 2000 – 2002
Description: The building faces north and is a four story structure. The north front has a central entrance with a large arch and glass panels. The roof line is flat. The building faces the courthouse.
County Courthouse – Rifle
Location: 200 East 18th Avenue / Railway Avenue
Built: 2007 – 2008
Description: The building faces south and is a one story brick, glass and concrete structure. The center section on the south side rises two stories. The building is located in Rifle which is west of Glenwood Springs.
W – Uintah County, Utah
Photos taken 2011