Clear Creek County is named for Clear Creek which runs down the continental divide through the county.
Created: November 1, 1861
Idaho Springs 1861 – 1867
Georgetown 1867 – present
County Courthouse – Georgetown
Location: 405 Argentine Street / 4th Street
Built: 1976 – 1977
Architect: William R “Russ” Reddick, of Phillips, Brandt, Reddick, Inc.
Contractor: Cyrus G Delano
Description: The building faces west and is a two story structure. The building is low with a series of sloped roofs and a sunken main floor. The 2011 exterior modifications were designed by CCTS. Exterior work and interior modifications have been completed by several companies. The exterior rehab was done by MR Construction, Mark Reynolds owner
Old County Courthouse - Georgetown
Location: 6th Street / Argentine Street
Architect: John Fillius and J G Mahany
Contractor: John Fillius and J G Mahany
Description: The building faces north and is a two story white colored wood frame Federal style structure. The building was originally a bakery which became a courthouse in 1874. The building is rectangular running along the street. The north front has a central recessed entrance. The front of the building rises above the hipped roof.
E – Jefferson County
S – Park County
Photos taken 2011