Sonoma County is named for the town of Sonoma which began with the foundation of the Mission San Francisco Solano in 1823.
Created: February 18, 1850
Santa Rosa 1850 – present
County Courthouse – Santa Rosa
Built: 1963 – 1965
Architect: J Clarence Felciano & Associates
Contractor: Guy F Atkinson Company
Description: The building faces south and is a two story concrete and glass structure.
North – Mendocino County
West – Pacific Ocean
Photos taken 2015