Mono County is named for the local Native American group called the Mono Paiute people.
Created: April 24, 1861
Bridgeport 1861 – present
County Courthouse – Bridgeport
Location: NE – School Street / Main Street
Built: 1880 – 1881
Architect: J R Roberts
Contractor: Charles Anton, Samuel Hopkins and James Cain
Description: The building faces south and is a two story white colored wood structure. The south front has a framed central entrance with small balcony on the second story with large arched window. The French windows are arched with small pediments above the front second story windows. A wide overhanging cornice falls the roof line with curved parapet at the center. On the east side, the rear section projects from the main building. On the center of the roof is a square white colored cupola with mansard roof. On the north side, is the old stone jail constructed by A J Svere in 1883.
Note: Total cost of the courthouse was $31,000 and the contract for construction was sold at public auction on July 3, 1880.
See: National Register of Historic Places – Mono County Courthouse
County Administration – Bridgeport
Location: NE – Bryant Street / School Street
Built: 1973 – 1974
Architect: Robert E Alexander and Robert E Clark
Contractor: Joe B King
Description: The building faces south and is a two story white colored stucco structure. The south front has a recessed central entrance on the first story. The building has a hipped roof.
S – Inyo County
Photos taken 2013