Lake County is named for Clear Lake which lake is situate in the county.
Created: May 20, 1861
Lakeport 1861 – present
County Courthouse – Lakeport
Location: 225 Forbes Street / 2nd Street
Built: 1967 – 1968
Architect: James E Prather and Robert W Stevens
Contractor: Wright & Oretsky
Description: The building faces east and is a three story brown colored brick, glass and concrete structure. All sides of the building have high arches with recessed glass walls behind. The roof line is flat.
Old County Courthouse – Lakeport
Location: 255 North Main Street / 2nd Street
Built: 1870 – 1871
Style: Classical Revival
Architect: A P Petit.
Contractor: A P Petit.
Description: The building faces east and is a two story brown colored brick and wood structure. The building is located on the spacious grounds of Lakeport City Park on the east side of the courthouse. The east front has a central entrance on the first story with small balcony above on the second story. There are vertical brick piasters. At the roof line is a pediment. The building is now a museum.
S – Napa County
Photos taken 2015